WE WOULD LOVE YOU TO GET INVOLVED
– Men and Women welcome
– Feel good about serving/helping/supporting your community
– Enrich your life
– have meaningful fun and good fellowship
The President and members of The Rotary Club of Barossa District invite you to attend a meeting and learn about Rotary in your community.
Our Club has a good balance of female & male members with an emphasis on serving the Local Community, as well as supporting Rotary International projects.
Prospective & New Member information
Joining Rotary is exciting and requires a commitment to serving our community and working to help Rotary International in its endeavour to make this world a better and fairer place for all peoples.
You also have to be prepared to enjoy good fun and fellowship with other ‘like minded’ people.
The following is to help you get a better idea of routines, procedures, etc. in the functioning of our club.
INFORMATION FOR NEW AND PROSPECTIVE MEMBERS
These occur at the Vine inn Hotel/Motel, Nuriootpa.
2nd and 4th Monday, 6.20 pm for 6.45 pm
Dinner Meeting Times:
$180.00 annual subs ($90.00 paid half yearly in July and January) First payment is pro-rata
Most of our service is directed to the local community, whilst still giving support to National and International projects.
- Rotary Youth Driver Awareness (RYDA) sessions for secondary students in our region (Nuriootpa High School, Faith College, Kapunda High School and Eudunda Area School);
- Caravan Safety Awareness training courses for any members of the public;
- Vocational & Educational Training (VET) awards presentation to local secondary students;
- Employee Excellence awards in conjunction with local businesses;
- Catering for various community events (e.g. local Council Australia Day Breakfast);
- Fundraising events including the Sausage Sizzle at Mitre 10, Nuriootpa, distribution of Barossa/Gawler Link phone/directory books, etc.;
- Rotary Fellowship Exchanges- both nationally and internationally;
- Working Bees such as KESAB ‘Roadwatch’ & clean up, tasks at the Barossabushgardens, gardening at Luhr’s Cottage historic museum at Light Pass, and more………..;
- Financial support to major Rotary projects such as Australian Rotary Health, ShelterBox & AquaBox disaster relief and more…………;
All club members work for our Club Rotary programmes/projects/events where appropriate with Programme Managers responsible for the coordination of them.